- This event has passed.
Inishbofin Half Marathon and 10K 2016
May 14, 2016
See the event’s Facebook page for news and updates.
This unique event in aid of Voices for Down Syndrome Galway takes place on beautiful Inishbofin Island, situated on Connemara’s stunning Wild Atlantic Way. The island is steeped in history, and is renowned for its traditional music and unspoilt sandy beaches.
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 14th May. Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
Registration fee: €75 includes
• return ferry crossing
• entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 14th May, 10am
• sponsorship pack & tech race tee shirt
• snack & water stops during event
• light refreshments provided after race (showers available)
• BBQ with live music on Saturday evening
As this is a charity event, we ask race participants to raise or donate a minimum of €100 sponsorship for Down Syndrome Galway’s speech and language therapy project. This project provides vital services to over 100 children and adults in Galway city and county, and receives no government funding.
for more information visit www.downsyndromegalway.ie
for information on beautiful Inishbofin visit www.inishbofin.com
telephone enquiries to Pat Coyne 0872850812
Event details and schedule
FRIDAY 13th MAY Ferry departs Cleggan at 11.30am, 2pm, 7.30pm
SATURDAY 14th MAY
• 8.15 am special early morning boat leaves Cleggan (MUST be pre booked, €20 supplement)
• Half Marathon 9.15am – meet at Community Centre for pre race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donation.s 10am Half Marathon commences (snacks & water stops during event)
• 10K 10.15 meet at community centre for pre race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations. 11am 10K commences (snacks & water stops during event)
•Post event refreshment at community centre.(Showers available)
• 7pm Barbeque with live music
SUNDAY 15th MAY Ferry departs Inishbofin at 10am, 1pm and 5pm
Ferry ticket and BBQ are included in your €75 race registration. If you wish to avail of the SPECIAL early Saturday morning boat you MUST pre-book this on- line
Non participants are welcome to attend the Saturday night event, tickets cost €20
Participants wishing to depart Inishbofin on Saturday evening, ferry leaves at 5pm