- This event has passed.
Inishbofin Island Walking Festival
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - April 28 @ 5:00 pm
The annual Inishbofin Island Walking Festival will take place from Friday April 26th to Sunday April 28th. Enjoy a weekend of walking amid stunning Atlantic coast scenery, crystal clear waters, green coast award winning beaches surrounded by rich natural, built and cultural heritage, all in the company of expert, local guides.
Online ticket sales now open! Get yours at: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/inishbofin-walking-festival-2019-tickets-58116066720.
Registration & Talk – Registration and talk by archaeologist Michael Gibbons
‘Dawn Walk’ with Michael Gibbons – Michael Gibbons will lead a walk to the East End
Breakfast at ‘The Beach’ – Enjoy breakfast at The Beach Bar (included in pass)
‘Walk West’ – Michael Gibbons will lead a walk to West Quarter
‘Knock and the Poirtíns’ – Tommy Burke will lead a walk to Knock & the ruined 18th c. village at The Poirtíns
‘All About Cromwell’s Castle’ – A talk with Tommy on the history of Cromwell’s Castle
Visit Cromwell’s Castle – Tommy Burke will lead a walk to Cromwell’s Castle
Trip to Inishark – A boat trip & guided tour of Inishark with Tommy Burke
- A weekend pass for the Festival will cost €53.06 (supplement for trip to Inishark to cover additional transport by ferry).
- We are of course dependent on the weather for the trip to Inishark!
- Please be aware of weather forecast before travelling and pack accordingly….rain gear, walking poles, hiking boots, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses etc.
- For any budding musicians there will be an open traditional music session on Saturday evening, all welcome to join in!
- For a full list of accommodation available on Inishbofin, please see www.inishbofin.com/category/accommodation. Book early to avoid disappointment!
- Citylink provide the direct bus connection from Galway city to Cleggan, from where the Inishbofin ferry departs. As part of our commitment to reducing the carbon footprint of our Walking Festival, we would strongly encourage all Festival attendees to leave the car at home and travel with Citylink. Citylink can deliver you to the Inishbofin ferry from Dublin Airport, Dublin City, Cork, Limerick, Athlone and throughout Connemara. See citylink.ie for bookings and timetables.
- Our Walking Festival aims to promote principles of Leave No Trace and all Festival-goers will be familiarised with these over the weekend. Leave No Trace is an ‘Outdoor Ethics Education Programme designed to promote and inspire responsible outdoor recreation’. Inishbofin is in the process of becoming Ireland’s first Leave No Trace Island partner and we hope that all visitors will be aware of how to practise the Leave No Trace ethics while on the island.
- For any further queries please contact Inishbofin CSP on 095 45895