As summer slowly waves goodbye, September and October roll in on Inishbofin Island, bringing a bunch of interesting events to attend to. It’s a great time to visit because there’s a lot happening, the sea is warm, and September weather can surprise you with the need for sunscreen!
1. Bofin Swim – September 16th Jump into the clear water at East End bay on September 16th for the Bofin Swim. You can swim, hang out with friends, and support Down Syndrome Galway all in one go. After that, there’s a fun party waiting for you, island-style!
2. Bia Bo Finne Food Festival – September 22-24 Get ready to eat some good stuff at the Bia Bó Finne Food Festival from September 22nd to 24th. It’s back after a little break, and it’s all about local food, arts, and crafts. Think of it as a big celebration of what makes our island special.
3. Inishbofin Culture Night – September 22 On September 22nd, we’re having a Culture Night with a play called ‘The Barber of Belcoo’ by John McManus.
4. Inishbofin Set Dancing & Trad Weekend – Sept 29 – Oct 1 From September 29th to October 1st, it’s time to dance and listen to Irish music during the Inishbofin Set Dancing & Trad Weekend. You can attend workshops regardless of whether you’re a beginner or already know your way around the dance floor, enjoy the tunes, and have a good time with everyone around.
5. Bike2Bofin – October 7 If you’re into cycling, mark October 7th on your calendar. We’re having the BIKE-2-BOFIN charity cycle event. You’ll ride your bike through pretty Connemara scenery and hop on a ferry to our island. Plus, you’re doing something good while having a great time.
So, get excited for September and October here on Inishbofin. It’s a time for fun, adventure, and good times. Whether you’re a regular or visiting for the first time, these months are full of things that make the island even more special.